More Pet Tips
How to Cool Your Pet Down Quickly
- Important Signs to Recognize When Your Pet Is Getting Overheated: Dogs and cats do not sweat like us, they pant to cool themselves off. If they get too hot you must step in and help.
- Watch Their Tongue. If it becomes swollen and hanging out, it’s time to take action.
- Take Your Pet To Water. Put them in a cool bath or take the garden hose and run cool water under their belly to cool them off fast.
- Use Alcohol On A Cotton Pad To Wipe Down Their Paws. This will help cool them down fast. Do not use alcohol on their body!!!
- Offer Them Water. If a dog or cat is too hot, they will not drink so this is where I will use a Pupsicle, to invite them to drink. Please be sure to wet them down at the same time. (If they are overheated they need all the help you can give them).
- If Your Pet Is Not Getting Cooler: It may be time to call your vet and take them in.
- Never Leave Your Pet In The Car: A car heats up 10 times hotter than the air outside—and can be disastrous for your pet..
Copyright © Wendy Nan Rees – Pet Lifestyle Advisor ~ All Rights Reserved ~